In each game, a team has its own formation (フォーメーション, fōmēshon). In the game, a formation can sometimes be gained when opening treasure chest's or when winning against another team.
List of Formations
-Note that the following descriptions are taken from the English release of the first game.
- Basic (ベーシック, Bēshikku) - Raimon's standard 4-4-2 formation.
- Death Zone (デスゾーン, Desu Zōn) - This is 5-3-2 formation is the key to Teikoku's control.
- Ghost Dance (ゴーストダンス, Gōsuto Dansu) - Occult's 4-5-1 is flawless in attack and defence.
- Wild Park (ワイルドパーク, Wairudo Pāku)) - Nose's attacking 3-4-3 also has a flat 3-man defence.
- Grid442 - Mikage Sennou's 4-4-2 is influenced by systematic coordination.
- Super☆5 (スーパー☆5, Sūpā Sutā 5) - Shuuyou Meito's formation resorts to a reckless 5-man frontline gimmick.
- Kakuyoku no Jin (かくよくのじん) - this 4-4-2 controls the sides like a ninja clings to walls.
- Mugen no Kabe (むげんのかべ, lit. Infinite Wall) - the farm's 4-3-2-1 is stable in defence.
- Mukata March (ムカタ・マーチ, Mukata Māchi) - a fast paced attacking 4-3-3 used by Kidokawa Seishuu.
- Heaven's Gate (ヘブンズゲート, Hebunzu Gēto) - the high level 4-4-2 used by Zeus that utilizes an individual's ability.
- Phalanx (ファランクス, Farankusu) - this 5-4-1 concentrates on the midfield and is great in defence.
- Butterfly (バタフライ, Batafurai) - by using an overlap, this 4-3-3 makes good use of the wings.
- Dot Prison (ドットプリズン, Dotto Purizun) - an irregular tactical formation.
- Bow & Arrow (ボー&アロー, Bō to Arō) - The attacking speed of this 4-3-2-1 will leave you quivering.
- Middle Block (ミドルブロック, Midoru Burokku) - this 3-2-2-1-2 is excellent for maintaining possession.
- Phoenix - (フェニックス, Fenikkusu) - this balanced 4-3-3 was hatched to have great shape and balance.
- Basic (ベーシック, Beshikku)
- Flat Back (フラットバック, Furatto Bakku)
- Attacker (アタッカー, Atakkā)
- Breakthrough (ブレイクスルー, Bureikusurū)
- Pressure (プレッシャー, Puresshā)
- Slash (スラッシュ, Surashu)
- Right Wing (ライトウイング, Raito Uingu
- Train (トレイン, Torein)
- Triangle (トライアングル, Toraiangeru)
- Lance (ランス, Ransu)
Inazuma Eleven 3
Inazuma Eleven GO
- Raimon (ライモン) - Raimon's 4-3-3 starting and balanced formation.
- Dark Knights (ダークナイツ) - 4-3-3 formation used by Kuro no Kishidan.
- Basic (ベーシック) - Eito's 4-4-2 formation that puts importance on stealing the ball.
- Milky Way (ミルキーウェイ) - Tengawara's 3-4-3 formation that thickens the attack line.
- Omni (オムニ) - Mannouzaka's 4-3-3 formation that brings out every player's ability.
- Neo Death Zone (ネオデスゾーン) - Teikoku's 4-3-3 formation that the playmaker holds the key to. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-4-2.)
- Marine Snow (マリンスノー) - Kaiou's 3-5-2 formation that they use to attack from the sides.
- Moonlight (ムーンライト) - Gassan Kunimitsu's 4-3-3 formation that they use to tighten their defense.
- Softlime (ソフトライム) - Hakuren's 4-5-1 formation that they use to tightly defend and fiercely attack.
- Tiger Strike (タイガストライク) - Kidokawa Seishuu's 4-3-3 formation that they use to start a powerful attack. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-4-2.)
- Phantom (ファントム) - Genei Gakuen's 4-3-3 formation that they use to attack from the middle. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-4-2.)
- Neo Cloud (ネオクラウド) - Arakumo Gakuen's 3-4-3 formation that puts importance on the center players. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 3-6-1.)
- Sacred (セイクリッド) - Seidouzan's 2-3-5 formation that they use to mount an attack from the center. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 2-4-4.)
- Thousand (サウザンド) - Dragonlink's 2-4-4 formation that they use to intimidate others.
- Blue Reef (ブルーリーフ) - Aoba's 3-3-4 formation that they use to improve their attack. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-4-2.)
- Kid's Heart (キッズハート) - Inazuma KFC's 4-4-2 formation that is used to improve defense. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-5-1.)
- Shining (シャイニング) - Unlimited Shining's 3-2-3-2 formation that is well balanced. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 3-5-2.)
- Ancient (エンシャント) - Ancient Dark's 4-4-2 formation that is well balanced. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 4-5-1.)
- Zero (ゼロ) - Zero's 4-4-2 formation that puts importance on the abilities of all players.
- Albatross (アルバトロス) - Southern Claw's 2-6-2 formation that defends from the sides.
- Legacy (レガシー) - Northern Fang's 6-3-1 formation that is used to counter from the defense line. (From Chrono Stone onwards, it is 6-2-2.)
- Resistance (レジスタンス) - Kakumei Senbatsu Team's 4-4-2 formation that puts importance on the attacking players.
- Raimon (ライモン) - 2-0-2
- Flatback (フラットバック) - 2-1-1
- Cube (キューブ) - 2-0-2
- Train (トレイン) - 1-1-2
- Breakthrough (ブレイクスルー) - 1-2-1
- Diamond (ダイア) - 1-2-1
- Basic (ベーシック) - 1-1-2
- Flatline (フラットライン) - 2-2-0
- Leftwing (レフトウイング) - 1-1-2
- Rightwing (ライトウイング) - 1-1-2
- Standard (スタンダード) - 1-2-1
Inazuma Eleven GO 2: Chrono Stone
- Alpha (アルファ) - Protocol Omega's 3-4-3 formation that gives a balanced attack and defense.
- Beta (ベータ) - Protocol Omega 2.0's 3-4-3 formation that has more attack and focus on midfielders.
- Shika no Tsuno (シカノツノ) - Shiroshika's 3-5-2 formation focus on center attack.
- Mamori no Jinkei (マモリノジンケイ) - a 5-4-1 formation devised by Kinoshita Toukichirou.
- Gamma (ガンマ) - Protocol Omega 3.0's 3-4-3 formation that focus on side attack.
- Terracotta (テラコッタ) - Karakuri Heibayou's 3-6-1 formation focus on defense.
- Domain (ドメイン) - Zanark Domain's 3-4-3 formation that has a very strong offences.
- Perfect (パーフェクト) - Perfect Cascade's 3-5-2 formation that focus's mostly in attacking the sides.
- Zan (ザン) - Zan's 3-6-1 formation allows to start a side attack.
- Giru (ギル) - Giru's 3-5-2 formation is a balanced formation use its sides to attack.
- Garu (ガル) - Garu's 3-5-2 formation is a defensive formation that focus on center.
- Lagoon (ラグーン) - The Lagoon's 3-5-2 formation focus on attacks.
- Chaos Flower (カオスフラワー) - Destructchers's 3-5-2 is a balance formation that side defenders will come to the front line while attacking.
- Mangetsu (マンゲツ) - Tsukigami no Ichizoku's 2-5-3 formation is super offensive, attacks in V shape.
- Mikazuki (ミカヅキ) - Vamptym's 3-5-2 formation is super defensive.
- Blood (ブラッド) - The Excellar's 4-3-3 formation that side defenders will back up the front line when attacking.
Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy
- Lightning (ライトニング) - Inazuma Japan (GO)'s 4-4-2 starting and balanced formation.
- Burning Soul (バーニングソウル) - Fire Dragon (GO)'s 4-3-3 is a balanced formation.
- Ocean Dive (オーシャンダイブ) - Big Waves (GO)'s 4-4-2 focus on side defense.
- Sandstorm (サンドストーム) - Shamshir's 4-4-2 is a formation that side defenders and midfielders will push forward while attacking.
- Pakuchi Smell (パクチースメル) - Mach Tiger's 3-6-1 is a formation that makes a better counter.
- Coup d'état (クーデター) - Resistance Japan's 3-4-3 is a balance formation.
- Oasis Route (オアシスルート) - Storm Wolf's 4-3-3 is a formation that will push the front line forward.
- Iron Shell (アイアンシェル) - Sandorius Eleven's 5-1-4 is formation that has high defense, and use the only midfielder to start attacking.
- Grace Fin (グレースフィン) - Sazanaara Eleven's 2-5-3 expands the attack like an inverted triangle.
- Lost Wing (ロストウィング) - Gurdon Eleven's 2-4-4 focus on midfielders' passing to attack.
- Predator (プレデター) - Ratoniik Eleven's 2-6-2 uses sides to breakthrough and attack at center.
- Obius (オービアス) - Faram Dite's 3-3-4 stress the importance of long pass.
- Black Hole (ブラックホール) - Ixal Fleet's 5-2-3 focus on defense, and midfielders will join the front line while attacking.
- Big Bang (ビッグバン) - Big Bang's 6-3-1 has Iron defenses and use only 1 forward to attack.
- Supernova (スーパーノヴァ) - Supernova's 5-4-1 has strong defenses.
- Galaxy (ギャラクシー) - Space Rankers's 5-3-2 use its center to breakthrough.