In each game, a team has its own formation, and sometimes some formation can be gained when opening chest's in the game, or when winning against another team to which the player can use that formation.
List of Formations
-Note that the following descriptions are taken from the english release of the first game.
- Basic - Raimon's standard 4-4-2 formation.
- Death Zone - This is 5-3-2 formation is the key to Teikoku Gakuen's control.
- Ghost Dance - Occult's 4-5-1 is flawless in attack and defence.
- Wild Park - Wild's attacking 3-4-3 also has a flat 3-man defence.
- 442 Grid - Mikage Sennou's 4-4-2 is influenced by systematic coordination.
- Super Star 5 - Otaku's formation resorts to a reckless 5-man frontline gimmick.
- Crane Wings - This 4-4-2 controls the sides like a ninja clings to walls.
- Infinite Wall - The farm's 4-3-2-1 is stable in defence.
- Free March - A fast paced attacking 4-3-3 used by Kirkwood.
- Phalanx - This 5-4-1 concentrates on the midfield and is great in defence.
- Butterfly - By using an overlap, this 4-3-3 makes good use of the wings.
- Bow & Arrow - The attacking speed of this 4-3-2-1 will leave you quivering.
- Midfield Block - This 3-2-2-1-2 is excellent for maintaining possession.
- Phoenix - This balanced 4-3-3 was hatched to have great shape and balance.
Inazuma Eleven 3
- F-Raimon - Raimon's 4-3-3 starting and balanced formation.
- F-Dark Knights - 4-3-3 formation used by Kuro no Kishidan.
- F-Basic - Eito's 4-4-2 formation that puts importance on stealing the ball.
- F-Milky Way - Tengawara's 3-4-3 formation that thickens the attack line.
- F-Omni - Mannouzaka's 4-3-3 formation that brings out every player's ability.
- F-Neo Death Zone - Teikoku's 4-3-3 formation that the playmaker holds the key to.
- F-Marine Snow - Kaiou's 3-5-2 formation that they use to attack from the sides.
- F-Moonlight - Gassan Kunimitsu's 4-2-1-3 formation that they use to tighten their defense.
- F-Softlime - Hakuren's 4-5-1 formation that they use to tightly defend and fiercely attack.
- F-Tiger Strike - Kidokawa Seishuu's 4-3-3 formation that they use to start a powerful attack.
- F-Phantom - Genei Gakuen's 4-3-3 formation that they use to attack from the middle.
- F-Neo Cloud - Arakumo Gakuen's 3-4-3 formation that puts importance on the center players.
- F-Sacred - Seidouzan's 2-3-5 formation that they use to mount an attack from the center.
- F-Thousand - Dragonlink's 2-4-4 formation that they use to intimidate others.
- F-Blue Reef - Aoba's 3-3-4 formation that they use to improve their attack.
- F-Kid's Heart - Inazuma KFC's 4-4-2 formation that is used to improve defense.
- F-Shining - Unlimited Shining's 3-2-3-2 formation that is well balanced.
- F-Ancient - Ancient Dark's 4-4-2 formation that is well balanced.
- F-Zero - Zero's 4-2-4 formation that puts importance on the abilities of all players.
- F-Albatross - Southern Claw's 2-6-2 formation that defends from the sides.
- F-Legacy - Northern Fang's 6-3-1 formation that is used to counter from the defense line.
- F-Resistance - Kakumei Senbatsu's 4-2-4 formation that puts importance on the attacking players.
Inazuma Eleven GO 2: Chrono Stone
- F-Alpha - Protocol Omega's 3-4-3 formation that focus's on the attack.
- F-Beta - Protocol Omega 2.0's 3-4-3 formation that focus's mostly in the center.
- F-Gamma - Protocol Omega 3.0's 1-6-3 formation that focus's mostly in the defensive side.
- F-Perfect - Perfect Cascade's 2-5-3 formation that focus's mostly in attacking the sides.